(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Friday, April 06, 2007

My 5 Favorite Video Games*

I have thought long and hard about this, and since there were so many choices, I had to split them up in to platforms. Please feel free to email or comment your own lists.

NES:
L’Empereur
Pool of Radiance
Conflict
Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord
Bionic Commando

Sega Genesis
Golden Axe
Evander Holyfield's 'Real Deal' Boxing (No article, but we all know it was da' bomb)
Might and Magic II: Gates to Another World
General Chaos
Romance of the Three Kingdoms III

SNES
Rock N’ Roll Racing
Metal Marines
Utopia
Uncharted Waters: New Horizons
Aerobiz

P.C.
Everquest
Hitman: Blood Money
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Dawn of War
Neverwinter Nights 2

Other
Star Control II: The Ur-Quan Masters (3DO)
Floor 13 (DOS)
Syndicate Wars (PS1)
Culdcept (GameCube)
Guitar Hero II (PS2)

Out of all of these great games, I have to say that Star Control II is my favorite of all time. Download the version for PC here.

-T
*This list is subject to change at my whim.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's a great list! My brother had the NES and SNES and the only thing I think I ever played on those was Zelda. My oldest brother had a commodore and there were some great games on that, but I didn't get to play it much.

Argh! Now you have me thinking. I'm going to have to come up with my own list(s).

4/07/2007 9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Technically, the link you provide for Star Control 2 is for the 3DO version ON the PC. But thats even better.

4/10/2007 11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool, this is fun, cuz games are fun.

Ha, I'll start even older than you.

Atari 2600:
Combat
Riddle of the Sphinx
Demon Attack
(there were only 3 good games)

Nintendo 8 bit:
Castlevania 2: Simons Quest
Bionic Commando (great choice!)
Metriod
Contra
Shadowgate
Megaman
(yeah, NES gets 6..so what. It would be 9, but Mario and Zelda are a given)

Sega Genesis:
Golden Axe
Golden Axe 2
Master of Monsters
688 Attack Sub
Desert Strike
Kings Bounty
(oops, 6 again)

SNES:
Super Castlevania IV
Act Raiser
Wing Commander
Rock n' Roll Racing (is nice!)
Steet Fighter 2

Personally I think 3DO needs its own section:
Need for Speed
Star Control 2
Star Control 2 Super Melee (yep, different game...well, it was if you took it seriously enough to wave a machette at your best friend's head before plunging it into your bedpost over it.)
Starfighter (oooh the wheel in the sky keeps on burrrrinin!)
Spacehulk: Vengance of the Blood Angels

PC: (this is nearly impossible to narrow down to 5 favorites)
Civilization 3
Battlefield 1942 (consequently Desert Combat)
Everquest
Fallout
Planescape: Torment
GTA: Vice City
(Crap...if NES and Genesis get 6, so does PC)

Other;
Syndicate Wars - PS1
Guitar Hero 2 - PS2 (easy pick!)
Final Fantasy 7 - PS1 and PC
Gran Turismo - PS1
Soul Calibur 2 - Game Cube (Game Cube version over XBOX and PS2 cause Link was the coolest of the add on guys)

Other/Other (haha now I'm cheating)
Tetris - Gameboy
Final Fantasy Adventure 2 - Gameboy
Miracle Warriors - Sega Master System
Mortal Kombat - Arcade
Double Dragon - Arcade
All cool games that deserve to be on the list!

Honorable Mentions: (weee! now I'm cheating again!)
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time/Warrior Within - PC (dang thats 2 games at once, guess thats another cheat)
Space Rangers 2 - PC (best game I never played...)

I'll throw in another category. Worst game ever! My vote is for Sword of Sodan - Sega Genesis

Star Control 2 might also be my favorite ever, but at least as I type this, it could be tied with Civ 3 for all around playability at any time and have fun. Damn Persians...

Lets see, seems I cheated no less than 7 times...once when I snuck in Zelda and Mario for NES and did'nt have to list them, twice for going 6 on NES, thrice for going 6 on Genesis, four times for 6 on the PC, five times for adding the mysterious Other/Other category on top of Venjanz's normal Other category, six times for adding honorable mention category, and SEVEN times for making both Prince of Persia games as one. Well, what can I say, I like games.

4/10/2007 12:43 PM  
Blogger Venjanz said...

Wow Fallout/Fallout 2... I'm going to have to reconsider, maybe make this my 10 fav games...

4/13/2007 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home