(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Sunday, December 23, 2007

700 Club Says Interstate 35 Was Prophisized In The Bible

OG told me about this a couple of weeks ago.



I would tend to disagree with them. First, anybody in the KC Metro area that uses I-35 on a regular basis would readily agree that Satan himself planned this stretch of freeway. Local commuters have nicknames for I-35 such as "The Trail of Tears" or the ironic "Himmelstrasse" (A lot of Germans live here). Northbound I-35 from 7:30am till 9am and Southbound from 5:00pm till 6:30pm-reverse in the Northland-resembles an idle-speed demolition derby, while in downtown Kansas City, it is likely that you will be stuck in an endless loop between I-35, I-70, and I-29.

During the weekends, I-35 becomes a drag strip, where hoddie-clad douche bags in bass-thumping import tuners weave in and out of traffic at over 100mph, and drunks ricocheting off the guard-rails is not an uncommon sight.

None of this matters of course, because I-40, not I-35, is obviously God's Highway. Isaiah 40:3 reads:
A voice of one calling:

"In the desert prepare
the way for the LORD;
make straight in the wilderness
a highway for our God.
I-40 traverses the Mojave desert, spans across the plains, and streaks straight through the heart of the Bible Belt. Coincidence? Ha! The Dwight D. Eisenhower National System of Interstate and Defense Highways was prophisized in the Old Testament 4000 ago. Debate over, deal with it.

(Update 12/24) CNN is now covering this story.

-Tommy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home