(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Thursday, March 15, 2007

"You did the right thing"

Some things I just can’t let stand; and one of them is the after-abortion e-cards offered by www.4exhale.org. Pro-choice or pro-life, you have to admit the double-speak in these cards is beyond jaw-dropping.

This one especially: “I think you’re strong, smart, thoughtful and caring. I believe in you and your ability to make the best decision. I think you did the right thing.”


This is how I would write this here thingy: “I Think you are strong, even though you are taking the easy way out after you acted irresponsibly, and you are thoughtful and caring, when thinking about yourself. I believe in you and your ability to make the best decision. I think you did the right thing, paying $400 to snuff the out the life of the baby in your womb.”

What about this one? “I want you to know that I care about you, and how you are feeling. My thoughts are with you.”



How touching. I would write:“I want you to know that I care about you, and how you are feeling about murdering your child. My thoughts are with you, as you wallow in guilt.”

This may be the most cynical one: “There are no words to express my sympathy for your loss. As you grieve, remember that you are loved. I am thinking of you.”



“For your LOSS”!?!? “GRIEVE”?!!?! Un-fucking believable. The person that would actually send that e-card to a woman that just had an abortion should be shot, and the next of kin billed for the cost of the bullet, like they do in Communist China.

Ok, here’s another: “Healing is possible. May you find peace after your abortion.”



This is the only that is half-way honest. No frills, straight and to the point.

Ah, here’s one that invokes the name of God: “The promise of god is to be with us through all of life transitions. God will never leave you or forsake you. May you find comfort in God’s constant love. Know that my prayers are with you at this time.”



I would not deign to know the mind of God, but I am hard pressed to find a God that condones abortion, as this card tacitly implies.

On the abortion issue, somebody once asked of me, “But what if you were married and ‘blah, blah X scenario’ happened?” I replied, “I would rather see Old Glory stomped in to the dust, never to rise again, than to be married. Your question is moot, sir.” I had sex with the questioner’s wife later that night. But I digress.

I decided to make my own abortion card:



-Tommy

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta agree with you on this one my friend, all I could do was shake my head as I read them

3/15/2007 9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude...what is that logo of theirs?!? Looks like a woman holding a fetus that she just ripped from her womb triumphantly over her head with the umbilicle cord still attached.

3/15/2007 11:00 PM  
Blogger Venjanz said...

I think it's a phone, this group started out as a hot-line for women that were broken-up about their abortions. BRING ON THE NUCLEAR HOLOCAUST!

3/16/2007 12:57 AM  
Blogger Dr. Psycho said...

You really are amazingly clueless - but thank you for your post, without which I might never have learned about this wonderful website.

And I hope that some day your own very obvious pain, whatever its source, will be healed.

4/02/2011 6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home