(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Sunday, July 24, 2005

The Name Game

I have been asked several times why I spell my screen name the way I do.There is a very simple explanation to for this. I used to be an EQ junkie. My first character was on a “blue” (non-PVP) server, but I was soon lured to the dark-side by the tantalizing possibility of killing other players. I could write a 1000 page book about the heady days of the race wars that took place soon after the Vallon Zek server went live, but this is a blog so I will spare you.

When I was creating my PVP character, I wanted to name him “Vengeance.” He was a going to be Necromancer, so I thought "Vengeance" would be appropriate. Check out this definition:

From princton.edu:
Vengeance: The act of taking revenge (harming someone in retaliation for something harmful that they have done) especially in the next life; "Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord"--Romans 12:19; "For vengeance I would do nothing. This nation is too great to look for mere revenge"--James Garfield; "he swore vengeance on the man who betrayed him"; "the swiftness of divine retribution"

Nice, eh?

For whatever reason, the EQ name filters wouldn’t let me use it, so after a few alternate spellings I got the name VENJANZ through. To all you pseudo-psychologists out there, don’t read too much into my choice of name. I chose it to be intimidating in the context of the game, not to make a statement about myself.

After I had made a name for my self as being absolutely ruthless while killing “lighties,” I was asked to join a guild. I eventually became the leader of the guild, and created my universal screen name of Venjanz so my people could get into contact with me. I have kept it ever since, because It was just easier that way.

Here is a pic of EQ Venjanz....



-Tommy Masterson

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you have more screen shots then that :) But it is a good shot :)

7/24/2005 6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home