(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Superbad

***Usually I would start with a disclaimer about spoilers, but it’s a comedy about some high school seniors trying to get laid, so no need. Besides, this is an endorsement, not a review***



I just got back from seeing Superbad. Hot Fuzz is still the best comedy of the year, but this was DAMN CLOSE, and I’m kind of a movie snob, so that’s saying a lot. I thought the writing and screenplay were brilliant, considering that this is a very old and tired plot. There was even a scene (with the period blood) where I spit out my drink and ruined the rest of my popcorn, I was laughing so hard.

Jonah Hill was fantastic in this, playing Hardy to Cera’s Laural. This is a film that most people can relate to on some level, and there were times that I thought that this movie was a biographical epic about me and the MoD.

As good as Hill and Cera were, the show was stolen by Bill Hader and Seth Rogen, playing two cops with, eh, questionable theories on law enforcement.

I have no doubt in my mind that “McLovin” references will now become common in pop-culture.

Go see this, you will not be disappointed.

-Tommy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home