(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas!


Today I wrote 5+ pages about how Christmas (Cristes Maesse, “The Mass of Christ”) was started by the 4th century Romans to cover for a pagan holiday, about how Protestants did not celebrate Christmas (because of it’s Roman Catholic origin) until the late 19th century, and how the Christmas tree and the giving of gifts at the Winter Solstice was rooted in Babylonian Baal worship, and the mystery religion of Nimrod, circa 2000 BC… I love History.

People tell me I ramble on and on. Oh well that’s how I roll!

Fuck all that.

You know what? As cynical as I am, it doesn’t matter how this holiday came to be, I enjoy it every year, and I love to see people happy at Christmas time. I love Christmas lights, and I love Christmas music. I love the whole modern celebration of Christmas.

Tommy’s Tips for Christmas:

1) Hug your Mother

2) Thank your Father

3) Thank your Friends

4) Forgive the people that wronged you

5) Give thanks to whatever God (me preferably) that you believe in, for every breath you take, every move you make and every step you take… remember I am watching you.

6) Remember, it was the thought that counted.

7) You're an asshole, and most people hate you, but your family and friends love you anyway.

God bless America, and have a Merry Christmas,

-Tommy Masterson


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right when you say Michael Jackson has a clitoris for a nose. You rock!

12/26/2005 3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home